Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Try Something New For Tuesday!

Hello, hello!

     Do you ever want to try something new, but you're not sure if you'll like it?  I do, often!  That's one of the best things about cards.  A card gives you a chance to try a new style or technique without a big commitment.  It's not a whole scrapbook, or even a mini-album.  It's just a card.  So jump off the tried-and-true track and go a little wild.  Why not?  It's just a card.
     This is a card that I made a while back for my husband, Mick.  It is a lot more frilly than my usual style.  Not only is it covered in glitter and glitz, but the group of three hearts in the center actually light up.  Talk about bling!  The light up hearts and the forever and love stickers are all part of a set from K and Co.  The swirls are all hand drawn, by me believe it or not, and then inked on the edges, and accented with Stickles.  Here is a close up.

     You can see in this picture where I put a paper doily over the red card stock and dabbed ink over it.  When I removed the doily the inked lace pattern was left behind.  I sanded, painted with acrylic paint, inked, Stickled, and layered.  Sheww!  It took a lot of time, but I like the way it turned out.

     This card was a lot of fun and I'm glad I tried it.  Maybe if I try cards like this a little more often they won't take as long to make.  Hmmmm.....    So what have you tried lately?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

Bye for now,
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Anne,
    This card is so pretty, I love how the hearts light uo
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete