Monday, February 7, 2011

A little bit of Spring!

     Hello!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I sure did!  The scrapbooking crop that I attended on Saturday was sooooo much fun, and we had another couple over to watch the Superbowl with us on Sunday.  Well, the guys watched a lot more than I did.  I was too to busy crafting with my friend, and the new toys I got at the crop!  Would you like to take a peek at some of the sweet little flowers that we made?

     Aren't they adorable!  I didn't think that they turned out too bad for my first try with a new tool.  What do you think?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

     I made these flowers with one of the quilled flower kits for the Cuttlebug.  It is so easy!  You just cut a strip of petals with the Cuttlebug, and then use the little quilling tool to roll them up.  Then spread the petals open a bit, and that's it.  This flower is from the Daisy kit.  It comes with 4 separate cutting dies, one for the very center of the flower, one for the little small part around the center, one for the petals, and one for the leaves.  I don't have any leaves in this picture - I was too busy just making flowers!

     If you would like to try making some of these cute little floral wonders for yourself, just contact Kelly Nufer.  She is a wonderful scrapbooker and vendor that attends many of the crops in our area.  Her company is called Nufer Designs, and you can reach her through her blog.  Here is the link for Kelly Nufer's Blog  .  I'm sure she would be happy to get you whatever you need - just tell her Anne sent you!

     Well, I'd better get going.  I have another new type of flower cutting die to try out, and I'm still not sure what I'm going to make for dinner tonight.  (Hmmmm..... if I heat up some Superbowl leftovers, then I don't waste any crafting time on cooking...... can I get by with that?....)

     Bye for now,
     Anne

2 comments: