Friday, February 11, 2011

A Lovey-dovey card!

 Happy Friday! 
      Pshew, I thought it would never get here!  I hope you've had a good week, and have great plans for the weekend.  Can you believe that Valentine's Day is just a few days away?  How did that happen?!?!  Anyway, in honor of this celebration of love, I thought that it was time for another love themed card.  This card could be used for a Valentine's card, a wedding card, or just any ol' "I Love You" type of occasion.
     That's right!  A love card without a spot of red or pink on it.  Crazy, I know.  But I kind of like the way this card turned out.  I wanted it to look like a pair of birds (doves?) sitting on a branch with the moon behind them.  Close enough.  So here are the details.

     The moon was cut from the George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge at 3.5".  I used a printed card stock from the DCWV Luxury Stack, in kind of a shimmery champagne print.  Both the birds and branch silhouette and the True Love were cut from the Tie the Knot Cricut Cartridge at 1.75".  I used my Cricut Expression and my Gypsy so that I could put all the papers on the same mat and cut them at the same time, but you could easily cut them with any sized Cricut.

     After all the pieces were cut, it was easy to glue everything together.  I thought about popping the bird silhouette up on sticky foam, but I was afraid the branch ends would catch on the envelope and get torn up.  I played it safe and stuck the birds right on top of the moon.  A strip of ribbon to finish it off, and this card was done!  I hope you like it.

     Well, that's it for today.  I'll be back soon with another fun project.
Bye for now,
Anne

    

1 comment: