Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Day, Another Card!

     Frosty, frosty, good morning!  How can it keep getting colder?  Brrrr!  I am so glad that I am hibernating with my crafts through this weather.  This is no time to be working outside!  But inside, it's a whole different story.

     I found a piece of paper in my scrap basket, and I knew I wanted to make a card with it.  But every idea I came up with would cover up the best part of the paper.  Sooo.... I decided to just use the paper as the card design.  It doesn't get any easier than this one!
     I used my 1" square punch to break down the flower part of the design on the paper.  I used a pen to draw fake stitches around each square, and then raised them up on sticky foam.  It took two of my EK Success border punches to get the look that I wanted for the bottom of the brown card stock, but they worked together well.  Then I tied a creamy yellow ribbon below the flower squares, and layered the whole combination on a blue card base. 

     This card was very fast and simple once I decided what I was doing.  Why don't you try something similar with one of your favorite scraps from your stash!  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Bye for now,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment