Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How about a cup a Joe?

Good morning!
     Have you had your coffee yet?  I have, and it sure was good.  I hope you're relaxing with a cup while you read this, although it doesn't have to be coffee.  Tea or hot cocoa would do just as well.  Why am
I rambling on about coffee?  I'm glad you asked!  I have a fun coffee mug project to show you today.  This mug was part of my Valentine's Day gift to my husband Mick.  Do you like it?

          He loved it, and I guess that's what matters.  I was pretty happy with the way it turned out too.  Here are a few pics with the outside cover removed so the glare is gone.


     All of the shapes and letters are cut with my Cricut from the Old West Cartridge.  As you turn the mug it says Mick's Cowboy Coffee.  I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes in the Happy Trails oval so that I could tie it to the mug with some hemp twine.  I'll show you a picture of the pieces before they were glued to the mug.

     I wanted the coffee pot and mug to look like they were granite ware, so I choose a denim patterned paper scrap that I had.  That gave them the speckled look.  I added the jug cut because he likes to add a little Baileys to his coffee on the weekends.  Of course I inked edges, and added dots and doodles here and there.  I didn't want it to look too new! 

     The mug was one that I picked up at Joann's from the 2 for $5 bins.  Originally it was decorated with cherries, but I found that if you twist the top of the mug just right the clear cover will come off.  Then you can remove the cherry paper to use as a pattern and replace it with any paper you choose.  It's a great price for a one-of-a-kind insulated mug!

     I hope you liked today's project.  Something a little different!  Come back tomorrow and see what's new.  Until then, have a great day!

Bye for now,
Anne 

1 comment:

  1. That is terrific, Anne! I just got that cart and I think it is so cute. I can see why your DH loved it. Thanks for the tip about those mugs-I see those all the time but since they were already decorated I didn't bother...good to know they can be changed!

    ReplyDelete